Nourishment packed salad with flavor to boot? Coming right up! One recipe for a zesty ChiliLime Salmon Salad perfect for lunch or dinner! (Tasty vegan option to replace the salmon in the recipe below is one serving of our favorite super grain – quinoa.)
What you’ll need and WHY it is so good:
- Baby Spinach (Nourishes eyes and bones, aids in digestion, cleanses the colon)
- Baby Kale (Increases metabolism, strengthens immune system, prevents cancers)
- Lemon (Touch of flavor without added calories, cleanses the body, promote immunity, fight infection)
- Onion (Improve immunity, keeps your heart healthy, lowers risk of many cancers)
- Black Beans (Lower cholesterol, high in protein and fiber to keep you full longer)
- Cucumber (Flushes toxins, aids in weight loss. *Make sure to include the skin because this is where you get your fiber!*)
- Avocado (SO TASTY, contains heart healthy fats, protects your eyes, helps to absorb nutrients of plant foods)
- One piece Whole Foods wild caught frozen salmon (Great source of protein & vitamin D, increases heart health)
- Garlic (Touch of flavor without added calories, protects against common cold, keeps your heart healthy, can aid in weight loss.)
- Rawxies Chile Lime Crunch (Packed with all natural ingredients perfect for allergy sufferers – Grain free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Egg free, Raw, Dairy free, Sugar free AND Nut free!)
To prepare salmon:
After defrosting salmon preheat oven to 450. Cover bottom of a glass baking dish with freshly squeezed lemon juice and about a teaspoon of olive oil.
As a garlic lover (yes I am half Italian) I always like to add a bit.. or a bunch, of chopped garlic to the dish so it roasts to a nice brown while baking.
Add salmon to the dish coating it across the dish a bit to soak in the lemon and olive oil.
Place two slices of lemon on top of the salmon to let the juice soaks in as it bakes.
Bake for 15-20 minutes to your preference. (I always bake for 16 minutes.)
In a large bowl prepare all of the dry ingredients.
one cup baby spinach,
one cup kale,
1/4 cup black beans (lightly rinsed)
half an avocado,
1/2 cup chopped onion,
5-10 thin slices of cucumber,
and to really kick up the flavor 1 serving of Rawxies Chile Line Crunch.
When Salmon is ready remove from the oven and add to the top of the salad. Lightly drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil over the salad and, most important step of all- ENJOY!
All ingredients purchased from Whole Foods.
Rawxies Chile Lime Crunch available HERE.